Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Meet Summit Jaffe...


Canon 5D - 1/15 sec - F 5.0 - ISO 100 - 17mm

Meet Summit Jaffe... Summit is 13 years old and a musical whiz kid. He's got a real talent for using instruments and computers to create a very cool sound... and he is a very cool kid.

I brainstormed the concept for a few days before getting in touch with Summit and his mom... Asheville Middle School was gracious enough to allow us in for a few hours one morning... it's summer time, so the place was empty. This particular full-bleed single-page layout in the magazine requires the image be 1/2 negative space... I figured the white ceiling of the hallway would be a nice way to make some.

Utilizing my traveling pack of 4 Canon strobes and an 800WS mono-light I threw this one together with the assistance of Summit himself... it's turned out to be one of my faves... though I wish I had rearranged the desktop slightly...

Make sure to read the article published by the awesome folks at WNC Magazine.


2 comments:

Will said...

Nice job Patrick. I really like the composure, as well as the overexposed background. It really tells a story.

Summit said...

Yay! thank you so much patrick!